Interel is a global public affairs consultancy. We support companies, investors, professional societies and associations and governments with government relations, strategic communication and lobbying. As well as our German base in central Berlin, we support clients across all major global markets via our headquarters in Brussels and our offices in London, Paris, Washington D.C., New Delhi and Beijing. Through the Interel Global Partnership, our network of independent public affairs consultancies, we can deliver specialist public affairs services in more than 60 countries around the world.
In Germany, we follow a comprehensive advisory approach, based on the long standing experience of our Senior Advisors and Partners in the fields of politics, diplomacy, media, law, finance and business. We combine these diverse backgrounds to support our clients, working as a strategic partner in complex situations, in crises or on transactions. We cooperate closely with our colleagues in Brussels, who maintain excellent relations with the European institutions.
Most of our clients are board members and managing directors, heads of communication and governmental affairs as well as chairpersons and shareholders. They have relied on our know-how, access to decision makers and ability to deliver for over 20 years.
Our work can be divided into three categories:
- We help companies, investors and governments from outside Europe who plan to invest in Germany or wish to strengthen their presence in the country. This includes the establishment of political contacts and support with media affairs.
- We advise companies and organizations without a presence in Berlin on all political and regulatory matters.
- We assist DAX corporations and larger medium-sized enterprises with market-entry, direct investment and M&A transactions abroad.
In principle, we follow three steps: 1) Analysis of the situation 2) strategy development with recommendations for possible action and a realistic estimate of the costs 3) mandate and implementation. We regularly work with banks, law firms and management consultancies.
- Overcoming regulatory obstacles
- Political analysis, regulatory due diligence, monitoring
- PR and media work , crisis communication, campaigns
- Speech writing, thought leadership, hand-out preparation
- Organization of conferences and events
- Digital public affairs / online sentiment analysis
- Management of governmental relations and maintenance of contacts