Job Title : Senior Consultant Technology
Reporting to : Deputy Managing Partner
Based in : Brussels, Belgium
Suggested starting date : ASAP
Interel, the award winning global public affairs consultancy, is looking to recruit a senior consultant to join its EU practice. Applicants for the position should fulfil the following requirements:
- University degree or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience in European Affairs
- In-depth knowledge of the EU institutions and decision-making
- Excellent English, good knowledge of at least one other EU language.
- Ideally should have experience managing client accounts and taking ownership of day-to-day delivery of client projects
- Willingness and ability to work on a range of different issues
- Creative self-starter, ability to work in international team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good strategic & conceptual capacities
- Good organisational skills
Applicants for the position should preferably have worked in or have developed expertise in technology policy. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide analysis, strategic recommendations and implement client projects
- Produce written materials, such as persuasive communications tools, monitoring bulletins, policy papers and analysis, press releases and presentations and review work of junior colleagues
- Design concepts and develop strategic plans to protect and promote the clients’ image to the European Institutions, national authorities and stakeholders
- Understand the clients’ businesses and issues and build relationships of trust with clients
- Prepare and execute programmes and lobbying campaigns on behalf of clients
- Take ownership of deliverables and ensure that the objectives of the client are achieved.
- Manage the development of client accounts and projects
- Support in building Interel service offering and marketing messages
- Initiate organic growth of client engagements through development of new projects and proposals
- Suggest possible new business areas/ leads
- Prepare and present credentials/proposals for client pitches
- Actively network to develop personal profile and increase visibility of Interel
People management & internal duties
- Supervise, mentor and coach consultant/intern level staff
- Play a role in company activities and programmes
- A full-time permanent employee contract with a competitive package (including phone, pension scheme, hospital insurance, luncheon vouchers).
- In-company training programme
- High level, demanding and interesting assignments.
- A fun and challenging working environment.
Why join Interel?
- Great company culture. Big enough to matter, small enough to care. “Count on us” spirit. Watch our video “What’s great about working at Interel?”.
- (*) Award-winning agency:
2016 SABRE Consultancy of the Year 2016 (Benelux)
ICCO Independent Consultancy of the Year 2015
Public Affairs Awards EU Consultancy Campaign of the Year 2015
2014 Public affairs consultancy of the Year (European Public Affairs awards).
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Name + Senior Consultant Interel in the subject line.