Interel is the global public affairs and government relations specialists. We help our clients to manage political risk and capitalise on political opportunity by engaging proactively with all the stakeholders who can have an impact on their success and sustainability. Our experts in more than 60 markets deliver political risk and opportunity analysis, and strategic engagement solutions which deliver measurable results.
With a detailed understanding of the political risks and opportunities in multiple sectors, we help businesses and organisations understand the political drivers of change, identify, quantify and manage risk and proactively drive opportunity with political actors at all levels and in all the markets that matter to our clients.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Manage assigned individual client accounts taking ownership for day-today deliverables of client projects.
Validate and coordinate day-to-day client project activities of assigned consultants and junior consultants.
Contribute to the business development process, supporting the practice Directors and Partners.
Client business / billable (70%)
- Provide analysis, strategic recommendations and implement client projects taking into account broader business implications
- Produce written materials, such as monitoring bulletins, policy papers, press releases, presentations, client review, etc. and review work of junior colleagues
- Design concepts and develop strategic plans to protect and promote the clients’ image to the European Institutions, national authorities and stakeholders
- Prepare and execute programmes and lobbying campaigns on behalf of clients and coordinate work of junior colleagues
- Anticipate client needs and potential problems, effectively linking external developments to client interests, showing understanding of the clients’ businesses and issues
- Take ownership of deliverables and ensure that client objectives are reached
- Manage the development of the client accounts and projects, identify potential problems related to strategy, organisation (time and budget) and suggest possible solutions
Client relations / non-billable
- Maintain communication with client in order to develop long term relationship and ensure contract continuity
- Understand the clients’ businesses and issues
- Build trust relationships with key client’s personnel
- Review contract agreement prior to renewal and negotiation process under supervision of the Account Director
- Develop costing proposals for client new project and for potential new client supervised by the relevant Partner/Director.
- Prepare/supervise activity reports for invoicing purpose
Business Development / non-billable (10%)
- Support in building Interel service offering and marketing messages
- Manage the work within the Company’s financial framework, servicing for profitability by respecting time and clients’ budget
- Initiate organic growth of client engagement through development of new projects and proposals
- Develop budgets for new client proposals and projects
- Suggest possible new business leads if possible using personal contacts
- Prepare and present credentials/proposals for client pitches
- Actively network to develop personal profile and increase visibility of Interel
People management & internal tasks / non billable (20%)
- Supervise Consultant and Jr Consultant levels staff assigned as member of his / her client team during the project life cycle in order to reach a high quality standard of service.
- Help / coach Consultant and Jr Consultant levels staff to plan and prioritize workload and provide ongoing feedback
- Assist staff assigned as member of his / her client team in view to their work review and assessment process with their respective mentor.
- Build staff morale and common sense of purpose
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- University degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of professional experience in European Affairs.
- Sound understanding of Health policy
- Excellent written and spoken English and fluency in at least one other European Language
- Proficient knowledge of IT applications
Interested candidates are kindly invited to send their CV and cover letter to EARS – European Affairs Recruitment Specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org, with reference “Interel – Senior Consultant, Health”.