Interel EU, the European Public Affairs & Association Management Practice of the Interel Group, is looking to recruit a dynamic and knowledgeable Consultant to help service the needs of our growing client base.
Applicants for the position should fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Relevant university degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant professional experience in European Affairs (consultancy, in-house or EU institution).
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and decision-making.
- Willingness and ability to work on a range of different issues.
- Experience dealing with the Brussels press corps would be desirable.
- Excellent English, good knowledge of at least one other EU language.
- Analytical mind, independent thinking, ability to work in an international team and think outside of the box.
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as good organisational skills.
Applicants for the position should preferably have worked in or have expertise at least one of the following areas:
- (Digital) Single Market
- Food and Consumers
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing regular political intelligence to our clients through monitoring of information sources and attendance at relevant events.
- Drafting of written materials, such as intelligence bulletins and reports, stakeholder mappings, policy papers, issue briefings, press releases and presentations.
- Managing aspects of client accounts and taking ownership of the day-to-day delivery of related tasks.
- Implementing outreach programmes towards the European institutions and other stakeholders, including Brussels-based media.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of public affairs campaigns and communication plans.
- Developing a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and issues and building relationships of trust with client personnel.
- Support with the preparation of new business proposals.
- Playing a role in internal company activities and programmes.
- Networking to deepen professional expertise and knowledge.
The company offers:
- An exciting job with one of the market leaders (Consultancy of the Year – European Public Affairs Awards 2014; Independent Consultancy of the Year EMEA – International Communications Consultancy Organisation (ICCO)).
- A full-time contract with a competitive package (including phone, pension scheme, hospital insurance, luncheon vouchers).
- High level, demanding and interesting assignments.
- A fun and challenging working environment.
The deadline for applications is the 27th of January 2016. Interviews will take place in the following week.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Name + Consultant in the subject line.