Public Affairs Consultant – London
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
DGA Interel is looking for exceptional candidates who will enjoy working in a leading consultancy businesses to solve problems and collaborate creatively with a passionate, fun and award winning team.
Consultants are key players in our company, taking responsibility for driving forward public affairs accounts and campaigning projects, delivering and overseeing work on a day-to-day basis. We are looking for people who like to get stuck in and make things happen, develop strong relationships with their colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
We are a public affairs specialist team in a global communications consultancy company, however many of us also work with clients on digital, media relations and campaigns. We also collaborate with colleagues from across the Dentons Global Advisors group on projects which involve an integration of different communications disciplines and business consultancy skills.
DGA Interel is growing fast and provides a supportive environment to help our team develop in their careers, enjoy work and be successful. In addition to the opportunity to work on interesting issues with exciting clients, we offer: a discretionary bonus scheme of up to 18% salary; employee life insurance; access to health and dental insurance schemes; phone allowance; in-house and external training; a mentor scheme across the global company; travel insurance; and access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
The successful candidates will have:
- Minimum 2/3 years’ experience in a relevant public affairs, parliamentary, political or communications position, ideally with some consultancy experience. Candidates with more experience will also be considered.
- Experience in managing accounts or day-to-day project delivery (essential), plus supporting team members in their work and personal development.
- An ability to work at pace, prioritise tasks, delegate where necessary, and deliver high quality work within tight deadlines. Good writing skills are essential.
- Demonstrable interest or active involvement in politics and current affairs.
- The ability to understand and grasp detail, and to clearly understand the impact of policy and regulatory decisions.
- The ability to get on well with others, and a willingness to ‘get stuck in.’
- An enthusiasm to contribute to new business initiatives that help our company grow, including identifying potential leads and contributing to pitches and proposals. Ideally with some experience of doing this.
- A preparedness to contribute to the overall running of the business where required, for example by taking on line management responsibilities.
- Confidence as a communicator, to work in a client-facing role.
About DGA Interel
DGA Interel is a leading global public affairs and communications company with offices in London, Brussels, Paris, Berlin, Washington DC and New Delhi. We are part of the Dentons Global Advisors group and for over 30 years have provided value-added, high-level public affairs and communications advice to the world’s most recognised brands. Our clients include John Lewis; Serco; Tripadvisor; Budweiser; Eaton; Jet2; and Expedia. We are known for our award winning campaigns that have changed policy and regulation, mobilised stakeholders and secured great media coverage.
PR Week recently ranked DGA Interel third largest public affairs consultancy in its 2022 annual rankings. We continue to grow and recent successes include:
- Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year at the prestigious EMEA SABRE Awards – 2021
- Best public affairs campaign in the CIPR Excellence Awards – 2021
- Independent Consultancy of the Year EMEA at the ICCO awards – 2020
- CIPR Excellence Award for Public Affairs Campaign of the Year – 2019
- PRCA Public Affairs Campaign of the Year – 2019
- PR Week Public Affairs Campaign of the Year – 2018
- Consultancy of the year at the European Public Affairs Awards – 2018
Closing Date: 8 July 2022
Interviews will be held either in our London office or through video conferencing. Please note that we may appoint before the closing date.
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter (maximum one page) to Mario Creatura at Mario.Creatura@interelgroup.com.
If you are shortlisted, we will contact you by email to arrange an interview time. Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately, we will only be able to contact you if you have been successful in your application. If you have not heard from us within one week of the closing date you will not have been shortlisted for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com