Consultant – EU Public Affairs, Technology
Interel European Affairs
Interel’s EU practice is looking to recruit a Consultant to join our award-winning team in Brussels. The Consultant will be responsible for servicing Interel’s growing portfolio of technology clients.
Applicants for the position should fulfil the following minimum requirements:
- Relevant university degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years relevant professional experience in European Affairs (consultancy, in-house or EU institution).
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and decision-making.
- Willingness and ability to work on a range of different issues.
- Excellent English, good knowledge of at least one other EU language.
- Analytical mind, independent thinking, ability to work in an international team and think outside of the box.
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as good organisational skills.
Applicants for the position should preferably have worked in or have expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Technology policy (online platforms, cybersecurity, data and privacy, Intellectual Property)
- Taxation and Trade are a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing regular political intelligence to our clients through monitoring of information sources and attendance at relevant events.
- Drafting of written materials, such as intelligence bulletins and reports, stakeholder mappings, policy papers, issue briefings, press releases and presentations.
- Managing aspects of client accounts and taking ownership of the day-to-day delivery of related tasks.
- Implementing outreach programmes towards the European institutions and other stakeholders, including Brussels-based media.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of public affairs campaigns and communication plans.
- Developing a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and issues and building relationships of trust with client personnel.
- Support with the preparation of new business proposals.
- Playing a role in internal company activities and programmes.
- Networking to deepen professional expertise and knowledge.
The company offers:
- An exciting job with one of the market leaders.
- A full-time contract with a competitive package (including phone, pension scheme, hospital insurance, luncheon vouchers).
- Varied and interesting assignments.
- A fun multi-cultural and inclusive working environment.
- Access to training and other professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
Candidates are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning Name + Consultant in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 29 November 2019.