Interel Appoints New UK Leadership to Drive New Phase of Growth
- New leadership at Interel UK
- Katherine Morgan becomes Managing Partner and Will Wallace Deputy Managing Partner
- Appointments follow a period of rapid expansion with 20 new market-leading clients in the past year and establishment of Digital and Corporate Comms practices
21st April 2021 – Public affairs and strategic communications consultancy, Interel Group, has appointed a new leadership team to head-up its fast-growing UK practice.
Katherine Morgan, previously Deputy Managing Partner at Interel UK, takes on the role of Managing Partner with Will Wallace stepping up to be Deputy Managing Partner.
The duo have been instrumental in driving a period of rapid growth at the agency which has seen it win over twenty new clients in the past year. Expanding from award-winning public affairs campaigns, the agency has successfully moved into a fully integrated offering, with digital, corporate and crisis communications as well as supporting large-scale public sector procurements. Mario Creatura, former Head of Digital in Number 10, recently joined the team to head up its digital practice.
Morgan, a former senior Treasury official, and PRCA Consultant of the Year, has risen rapidly up the ranks at Interel and has been at the forefront of extending its reach into delivering strategic communications and award-winning campaigns. Agency specialisms include FMCG, Financial Services, Transport, Sustainability, Energy, Defence and Technology. Current clients in the UK include The John Lewis Partnership, Waitrose & Partners, General Mills, Budweiser Brewing Group UK & I, Jet2, Inmarsat, Alibaba and Expedia.
Morgan replaces George McGregor who has decided to leave the company after 10 years at the helm including a stint as co-Chair of the Public Affairs Board. Wallace is a former Conservative Party adviser and multi-market agency specialist.
Interel won the ICCO EMEA consultancy of the year in 2020 and has seven offices worldwide with the Interel Global Partnership spanning over 70 countries.
Grégoire Poisson, Chief Executive of Interel Global said:
“I am really excited about Interel UK’s new leadership team. The company has gone from strength to strength in recent years with rapid growth in the UK and the delivery of some award-winning, cutting-edge campaigns. We have an ambitious growth plan for the next decade and with Katherine’s leadership we have a first-class team with the skills to deliver it.”
Katherine Morgan, Managing Partner at Interel UK said:
“I feel very privileged to be leading such an incredibly talented team of people at Interel UK. You will not find better communications professionals who strive to go above and beyond for our clients every single day, finding innovative ways of delivering in a rapidly changing political, media and online environment. It is fantastic to have the opportunity to drive our plans to further Interel’s status as one of the leading public affairs and integrated strategic comms agencies.”
George McGregor said: “After 10 wonderful years of leading Interel UK I have decided to start a new chapter in my life. I could not be more proud to have led the most brilliant team who have delivered excellence time and time again for clients. I wish the company every success. Interel will always have a very fond place in my heart”.
- Interel is a leading independent public affairs and strategic communications consultancy with offices in London, Berlin, Brussels, Paris, Washington, Beijing and New Delhi as well as a worldwide network of affiliated firms covering more than 70 markets managed through the Interel Global Partnership.
- Interel UK, based in Westminster, spans strategic communications advice, public affairs, digital communications, corporate communications delivery, public sector procurement, political due diligence, and crisis comms.
- In 2020, Interel was awarded Independent Consultancy of the Year EMEA at the ICCO awards. In 2019, the UK office won the CIPR Excellence Award for Public Affairs Campaign of the Year for a campaign led by Katherine Morgan. In 2018, Interel UK won PRCA Public Affairs Campaign of the Year, PR Week Public Affairs Campaign of the Year for a campaign led by Katherine and Consultancy of the year at the European Public Affairs Awards.
- Recent wins in the London office include, Reddit, Norton, Addison Lee, Waitrose & Partners, Babcock and Lockheed Martin.
- For further information contact: