Job Title : Senior Consultant Energy & Natural Resources
Reporting to : Managing Partner
Based in : Brussels, Belgium
Suggested starting date : ASAP
Interel, the award winning global public affairs consultancy (*), is looking to recruit a senior professional consultant to join its EU practice. Applicants for the position should fulfil the following requirements:
• University degree or equivalent
• Min 5 years of relevant professional experience in European Affairs
• In depth knowledge of the EU institutions and decision-making
• Excellent English, good knowledge of at least one other EU language.
• Ideally experience managing client accounts and taking ownership of day to day delivery of client projects
• Willingness and ability to work on a range of different issues
• Creative self-starter, ability to work in international team
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Good strategic & conceptual capacities
• Good organisational skills
Applicants for the position should preferably have worked in or have developed significant expertise in Energy, Environment & Natural Resources. Responsibilities will include:
• Provide analysis, strategic recommendations and implement client projects
• Produce written materials, such as persuasive communications tools, monitoring bulletins, policy papers and analysis, press releases and presentations and review work of junior colleagues
• Design concepts and develop strategic plans to protect and promote the clients’ image to the European Institutions, national authorities and stakeholders
• Understand the clients’ businesses and issues and build trust relationships with key client’s personnel
• Prepare and execute programmes and lobbying campaigns on behalf of clients
• Take ownership of deliverables and ensure that client objectives are reached
• Manage the development of the client accounts and projects
• Support in building Interel service offering and marketing messages
• Initiate organic growth of client engagement through development of new projects and proposals
• Suggest possible new business areas/ leads
• Prepare and present credentials/proposals for client pitches
• Actively network to develop personal profile and increase visibility of Interel
People management & internal duties
• Supervise, mentor and coach consultant/intern level staff
• Play a role in company activities and programmes
• A full-time permanent employee contract with a competitive package (including phone, pension scheme, hospital insurance, luncheon vouchers).
• In-company training programme
• High level, demanding and interesting assignments.
• A fun and challenging working environment.
Why join Interel?
• Great company culture. Big enough to matter, small enough to care. “Count on us” spirit. Watch video “What’s great about working at Interel?”.
• (*) Award-winning agency:
2016 SABRE Consultancy of the Year 2016 (Benelux)
ICCO Independent Consultancy of the Year 2015
Public Affairs Awards EU Consultancy Campaign of the Year 2015
2014 Public affairs consultancy of the Year (European Public Affairs awards).
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “NAME + Senior Consultant Energy and Natural Resources” in the subject line.